122 Westminster St. Bellows Falls, VT 05101
THE COOPER UNION FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF SCIENCE AND ART, New York, NY
Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Graduated May 2019; Cumulative GPA: 3.3 / 4.0
Half-Tuition Scholarship, Innovator’s Merit Scholarship
Relevant Courses: Autonomous Mobile Robots, Cloud-Based Design and Manufacturing, Feedback Control Systems, Mechanical Vibrations, Advanced Thermodynamics, Manufacturing Engineering, Finite Element Analysis
BORGWARNER, INC., Technical Undergraduate Intern, Auburn Hills, MI Summer 2018
- Worked with a team of engineers on assembling, testing, and improving solenoids for dual-clutch transmissions.
- Used Excel VBA to create macros for automated test data reporting.
- Presented end of term projects to engineering department heads as well as HR employees.
HARVARD UNIVERSITY, Undergraduate Student Researcher, Cambridge, MA Summer 2017
- Selected to join a graduate micro-robotics research lab and collaborate with a team on developing modern fabrication and prototyping techniques for soft, underwater robots.
- Presented work to the lab, including university department heads, at the end of the research program.
- Co-authored a paper publishing results of the project in IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, Vol. 3, Issue 3 July 2018.
THE COOPER UNION SUMMER STEM PROGRAM, New York, NY Summer 2016
- Taught high school students (sophomore – junior level) bread-boarding techniques and circuit design.
- Led students through exercises involving simplifying Boolean algebra expressions, as well as building timing and counting circuits.
- Helped students build and design a final game project using an Arduino.
SERVE & GO, Senior Capstone, Cooper Union 2018 – 2019
- Worked in a team to identify a problem, research and develop the solution, then present repeatedly to engineering students, professors, and industry professionals.
- Serve & Go is a tray accessory designed for wheelchair-bound employees with cerebral palsy to make food and drink deliveries in an office building.
- Serve & Go was awarded 3rd place at the fifth annual New York State Industries for the Disabled CREATE Symposium.
INVENTION FACTORY, Cooper Union Summer 2016
- Competitively selected to participate in an intensive six-week program in which a partner and I conceived of an invention, presented it for weekly critique, and filed a provisional patent application for it; We invented BabyShell: a passive, low-cost incubator for premature infants suffering from hypothermia for emergency use in developing nations.
- Designed the heat-retaining carrier to support the infant when held by the mother, whose body heat warms the baby. Final prototype was 3D printed and lined with polyurethane foam and included a Mylar covering.
- BabyShell was tested in appropriate environments to assess the baby’s relative safety and comfort.
- Machinery: Drill Press, Milling Machine, Lathe, Band Saw (vertical and horizontal), 3D printer, Laser Cutter, CNC Milling Machine, Soldering (surface and through-hole), Force Tester
- Computer Programs: Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, Autodesk Fusion360, SolidWorks, Edgecam, Microsoft Office, MATLAB, Java, Arduino, ANSYS, Python
- Society of Women Engineers, President (2017-2018), Secretary (2018-2019) 2015 – 2019
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers 2015 – 2019